A few hours ago, Facebook announces Timeline feature which enables us to take advantage of an online-biography-like presentation of ourselves in one single page. Facebook primarily says that the Timeline Feature will be ‘launched to users in the coming weeks’. But we here at techsterr.com can’t just wait to take a peek of what’s in store for us on this new facebook feature so we’ll be providing a detailed instruction on how to enable the Facebook Timeline.
However, there are some points to consider if you’d really like to enable this Facebook Timeline feature on your profile:
– Take note that this version is intended for developers so expect bugs until Facebook officially rolls it out.
– Timeline will get disabled if you login to another machine, obviously this is just one of the bugs so I expect you not to rant about it.
– You won’t be able to publicize your Timeline until the official announcement rolls out.
Here’s how to do it:
[HIT THE LIKE BUTTON BELOW TO VIEW THE STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL]
– Login to Facebook
– Enter/enable developer mode. You can do so by typing ‘developer‘ on the search box right at the top of your profile homepage. Click the first app that will show on the dropdown menu of the search box. Accept prompt if something pops up.
– Go to developer app. If in case Facebook doesn’t bring you there automatically, it should be in your left-hand tool bar.
– Create a new app. Read and agree to the Platform Privacy agreement.
– Make sure that you’re in your new app’s main settings screen. Your app’s name should be at the top of the page.
– Click the “Get Started using open graph” link as shown on the image below.
– Create an action for your app, like “watch” a “movie”, or “eat” a “banana” then click get started
– Wait for a couple of minutes. Go back to your Profile Homepage and you should see something like the image below.
– Click get it now and you’re done! Let me know if this worked for you on the comments section below! [/like-gate]
Incoming search terms:
- enable facebook feature