The Voltaic Backpack is solar charger built tough for use on a weekend hike bag or computer bag. There are pockets and wire channels for multiple electronic devices and 1,850 cubic inches of storage space.
Traveling can sometimes make it difficult to keep gadgets charged up, especially when hiking or spending time in remote areas. This backpack from Voltaic Systems has three durable, waterproof solar panels across the back of it which generate up to 4 watts of power, which is plenty to charge up your things.
One thing that sets the Voltaic bags apart from other solar bags is the included rechargeable battery. While you can take power right off of the panels if you choose, the default wire-up has the panels dumping into the battery, which in turn passes on power when you need it. That means you can trickle-charge the battery all day, then recharge your gear even if you’re not in direct sunlight, instead of trying to plop down for several hours.
- 4 watts of solar power for fast charging. To charge a laptop, see the Generator.
- The solar panels protect fragile items inside
- Included battery pack which stores power until you need it
- 11 adaptors for easy connection to handheld electronics
- Fully padded laptop sleeve for up to a 17″ laptop (16.5″ x 11″ x 3″ or 42cm x 28cm x 7cm)
- Wire channels throughout the bag for headphones, bladder tubes etc.
- Adjustable phone / MP3 pouch on the shoulder
- Removable waist strap
- High density padding in the shoulder straps and back
- Mesh backing material for better air flow
- Shell uses 600D fabric made from recycled PET (soda bottles), which is tough, water resistant and light weight
So, if you’re into great travel deals, this is really a great deal for travellers.