UPDATE: Apple will be providing a live video stream of the Apple Event September 2010 press conference. Get details on how to watch here
Apple will be hosting a music-themed event in San Francisco beginning at 10AM PT on September 1st.
What will Apple announce? New iPod Touch 4 is coming?
Apple is rumored to announce:
– Apple TV – A next generation Apple TV based on iOS, priced at only $99, as well as support for Apps.
– iPod Touch – Backside camera, mic, new shape, front facing camera, possible 3G and even a Retina display.
– iPod Nano – Smaller, square shaped design with a 3cm x 3cm touch screen. Case manufacturers have already been producing covers for the unannounced device (see above).
– Other updates to iTunes including TV show rentals and longer song previews.
Apple is notorious for not having live video from its press conferences. Although you may not be able to watch the announcement live, numerous sites will be live blogging Apple’s event. Get the latest news, as it happens, from Engadget, Ars Technica, ZDNet, and CNET, among others.
- First of all: Bug fixes
Proximity sensor, bluetooth bugs, iPhone 3G performance bugs..
- Secondly: High Dynamic Range (HDR) photos
- Third: The ability upload HD video over WiFi
iOS – “Its made these three products possible..”, showing the iPhone, iTouch, and iPad
iOS 4.1 will be available next week for iPhone and iPod Touch
275 million iPods sold
First up: The iPod shuffle
- It’s essentially the second generation and third generation (button-less) shuffle combined.
- It has the buttons/design of the second gen shuffle, and the voice-over function of the third gen
- 15 hours of battery life
- Comes in 5 different colors: Silver, blue, green, pink, orange
- Price: $49 for 2GB
The new iPod nano is just a tiny multi-touch screen
- They’ve ditched the clickwheel
- Battery life: 24 hours
- the built-in FM radio, the clock, the photos app
- the iPod Nano is now a touch device
- $149 and $179 for the 4GB and 8GB versions
- The new features: Retina display!
- It’s even thinner!
- 4x the number of pixels of the old screen, 326 pixels per inch, 24-bit color, LED
- Apple A4 Chip
- 3-axis gyro
- iOS 4.1 with Game Center
- Front facing camera with face time!
- a rear camera, with HD video recording!
- You’ll be able to use FaceTime between iPhone and iPod Touch
- 8GB model will go for $229, 32 for $299, and 64 for $399
All of the new iPods will be available next week
Pre-orders go live today, with shipments starting next week